My hero as a child, I have always wanted to recreate the original classic prime look. I decided very early on that I wanted this project to transform into a truck as well as his robot state.
This project took a lot of revisions and was a challenge to get working in both transformation states. I used the Hard Mesh plugin for Maya for all of the Boolean operations, UV's were manually produced to give the best bake results. I used excellent Substance Painter/designer for all of the texture treatment and finally composited the scene in Marmoset Toolbag 3.0.
Overall I am very happy with the result and look forward to the new Bumblebee Movie :)